Sunday, September 01, 2013

You fill in the punchline

Haven't done this for awhile, but it's a fun blog participation exercise.   I give you the set-up, you give me the punchline, then later in the week I go over some of your answers.   A couple of things first:

I couldn't find an appropriate photo so as always I turn to Natalie Wood.

This idea was inspired by Andy Goldberg from his terrific Wednesday night improv workshop.

Submit your joke in the comments section.

Leave your name.

Don't critique anyone else's  entry.   Seriously, kids -- play nice or I shut it down.

I'll tell you the one I came up with when I respond to yours.   I'm sure a lot of you will write funnier ones.

My reason for providing feedback is to turn this into a constructive learning exercise in joke writing.  

Enter as many times as you like, but please read the ones already submitted so we don't have sixteen duplicates.

There is no prize.  There is no winner.  This is just for fun. 

Check back often to see the new submissions.

And here we go.  You supply the punchline.

Danny was so afraid of commitment that...

Good luck.  Have fun.  Make me proud.  

OKAY.  THE CONTEST IS CLOSED.  TUNE IN FOR MY RESPONSE THIS MORNING.  THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!!!